Job Opportunity: Primary Teacher – Year 2
Posting Date: September 2022
Benefits: Potential for free accommodation, other benefits will be discussed at interview
Starting Date: January 2023 Start
Inspirational teaching that delivers high standards of learning. Knowing the core knowledge is vital for students to approach learning with confidence and enjoyment, this is the ethos behind our curriculum here at TPIS. Rich learning experiences include problem -solving, hands on learning, challenge and communication. Teachers create a haven in which our students feel especially safe, valued, happy and respected.
Candidate Profile: The successful candidate:
- A fully qualified teacher.
- A dedicated teacher, with excellent subject knowledge, capable of inspiring students.
- Flexible and positive in approach.
- Be a team player.
- Able to build relationships with students, parents and colleagues.
- Have tireless energy and enthusiasm.
- Will be internationally minded and an innovator in the classroom.
- Have an up-to-date knowledge of the latest teaching research on curriculum and practices.
- Demonstrate the value of extracurricular activities in developing students’ character.
- Demonstrate potential for leadership opportunities.
The School: Tara Pattana International School is a community school at the centre of a rapidly developing area of Pattaya. The school delivers a British education with a global perspective. We understand that students learn best when they are happy and settled at school. The school has a real mix of international students that creates a spirit of internationalism based on diversity, respect and understanding.
Living in Pattaya: The school is situated close to the centre of Pattaya, a lively and dynamic city on the east coast of Thailand. Pattaya is an exciting place to live and work. There are numerous excellent restaurants, attractions and shopping malls. There is easy access to the beautiful beaches of Koh Samet and Rayong for a holiday. Pattaya is within easy reach of Bangkok: approximately 1.5hrs by car.
Safeguarding: We take great care to safeguard children in the school. Applicants must have up-to-date police checks. This will include checks with previous employers as well as verification of original qualifications.
How to Apply: Applications should be sent via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) addressed to Mr James Swan, Head of School, and include:
- A letter of application.
- Your Curriculum Vitae with a recent photograph.
- Full contact details of three referees (one of which must be your current Head of School)
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the school.
Further Details: Full details about the school on our website at www.tpis.ac.th
Job Opportunity: Teaching Assistant (TA) or Learning Support Assistant (LSA)
Posting Date: September 2022
Salary: Dependent on qualifications and experience
Benefits: To be discussed at the interview
We are now looking for a person who can supervise, support and keep the children in our care safe. The successful candidate will report to and work with the classroom teacher and the Deputy Head of School. Responsible for assisting classroom teachers with the general supervision and management of children, developing resources and monitoring pupil progress.
Qualifications and Skills and Job Purpose:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Education or equivalent and having a Thai teaching license are preferred.
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Thai.
- TOEIC score of more than 500 is preferred (or the willingness to work hard to achieve this within the first 12 months of employment) and/or a TEFL certificate.
- Be able to apply a wide variety of technology in the workplace.
- Assist in the educational and social development of pupils, particularly second language learners, under the direction and guidance of the class teachers.
- Work alongside children making sure that they are well-cared for and supported in and out of the classroom, including playground supervision before and after school and during the school day as required by the needs of the school.
- Develop children’s independence by allowing them to try activities independently (e.g. eating, toileting, dressing) and stepping in to help only when necessary.
- Contributing to the school’s extensive co-curricular programme through leading activities.
- Provide support for individual students inside and outside the classroom to enable them to fully participate in activities.
- Assist class teachers with maintaining student records.
- Support students with emotional or behavioural problems and help develop their social skills.
- Take initiative inside and outside of the classroom. This requires a teaching assistant to be constantly vigilant and aware of the needs of the students as they arise or even before e.g. There is a child in the maths lesson that is struggling to grasp the concept being taught, the TA could get some resources available in the classroom to remind them of a previous strategy they have used for this. This could be done very quietly whilst the teacher continues with the lesson.
The School: Tara Pattana International School is a community school at the centre of a rapidly developing area of Pattaya. All instruction – other than Thai and Mandarin lessons – is in English. We actively encourage collaboration within our community to share learning opportunities through cultural celebrations, sports, arts, music and theatrical events. The school has a real mix of international students that creates a spirit of internationalism based on diversity, respect and understanding. Find out more information about the school visit our school website: www.tpis.ac.th
Safeguarding: We take great care to safeguard the children in the school. Applicants must have an up-to-date police clearance certificate. The selection process will include checks with previous employers as well as verification of qualifications.
How to Apply: Applications should be sent via email (email@example.com) addressed to Ms Jee Dickson-Smith, the School Manager, and include:
- A letter of application in English and Thai (if you are of Thai nationality do both).
- Your Curriculum Vitae (CV) with a recent photograph and TOEIC score or English test certificate.
- The full contact details of three referees (one of which must be your current employer).
Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.